[MacDV] FCE/FCP Training Courses

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Wed Jan 14 11:47:26 PST 2004

On Jan 15, 2004, at 2:51 AM, Neil Bennett wrote:

> I've been using iMovie for a while now and feel that it's time to take
> the step to FCE/FCP.

I applaud your move

> There appears to be a number of great training courses in the US, but
> very little in the UK where I am based. Can anyone tell me where I can
> receive the necessary training in the UK please.

If you can find it take a course. But, first I'd suggest trying out one
of Michael Rubin's books, "Beginner's Final Cut Pro" or "Making Movies
with Final Cut Express". Depending on your needs, the right book might
be enough and will cost you a fraction of a training course. They don't
tell you every way to skin a cat, but it will get you going and if you
supplement either with "Final Cut Pro Visual QuickPro Guide" by Lisa
Brenneis, you'll be well on your way.

I have no affiliation with either author, I'm just a very satisfied
reader.

Daniel