iDVD/ Brit alert

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Thu Jan 15 07:05:18 PST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 02:33:09 -0500, Kochkodin <kochkodin at verizon.net> wrote:
>Would someone please explain why I have been flooded all day with this
>crap?  It comes after every legit post...I have gotten over 40 of them..
>TIA and Regards,
>Mike K
>
>gt210q at folkdance.com wrote:
>
>>  No such user at this domain, if you have received mail from this
>>domain, it has been spoofed and is in no way affiliated with
>>"folkdance.com"
>  >

It appears that gt210q at folkdance.com is a subscriber to the list. But
its ISP no longer recognizes the e-mail address (perhaps the account
was cancelled). The e-mail server is configured to reply with this
"No such user..." message when it receives an invalid e-mail address.

So until our list management cancels this subscriber, every time
anyone posts a message to this list, a copy is still being sent the
that invalid address, and that e-mail server replies with the message
we've all been seeing.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>