Using Disk Utility to make a copy of a DVD

Karl Hayden khayden at iol.ie
Thu Jan 15 13:49:24 PST 2004

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone would know how to use Disk Utility to make a
copy of a DVD I made so I can burn it onto a blank DVD-R.

I brought a copy of it with me to a friends house and he was able to
use Disk Utility to burn a copy of the DVD for himself. The only
problem is he can't remember how he did it. I need to make more copies
of the DVD to give to other people and each time I try to use iDVD
something goes wrong and I waste blank disks.

I have returned to the original iMovie version (which is stored on my
HD) to start the DVD process again, but that has failed on several
attempts. Any suggestions?

Karl Hayden
Dublin, Ireland.