[MacDV] Re: iMovie4

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Fri Jan 16 11:38:55 PST 2004

On Jan 16, 2004, at 14:33, Daniel Beck wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2004, at 3:28 AM, Eric Phillips wrote:
>> Does anyone know if iMovie4 will be available for download or has the
>> time of the free iApps come to an end?
>
> The way it is (for now) is that iApps will continue to be bundled with
> new Macs, but upgrades to the digital hub iApps will now require a
> fee. The current exception is iTunes. Apple might change their mind if
> there is enough complaining, but probably not. Besides, $50 for 5 high
> quality apps is very reasonable.

I heartily agree about the price, and the reason given in the article I
read makes sense: the more these apps are integrated, the more they
each require the correct versions of the other apps, so bundling them
as a single unit really does make sense.

A few years ago I wouldn't have agreed that they were worth $50, but
for the most recent set of updates, the price really is right on.

Eagle