[MacDV] Re: iMovie4

Steve Hussey shush at rockisland.com
Fri Jan 16 12:51:01 PST 2004

> Well, we all knew the free lunch wouldn't last forever.  Apple's gotta
> make their money somehow. :)

Apple had that policy of giving the apps away for free, but making up for it
with volume ;-)

I ordered the iLife software on Wed and went with free ground shipping: it
arrived this morning FedEx overnight (and although I'm not in Hawaii I'm on
a small island off the coast of Washington and had to get used to slow
deliveries).

IMHO $50 is worth it just for Garageband. As a very musical person, but with
a complete inability to write/play music, I just created a funky hip/hop
Jazz background 'tune' for a DVD project in about 5 minute - even without a
manual (since you don't get one). Then just export to iTunes.

Dammit, this GarageBand is going to be the hottest application around. The
bad news is remember what happened to graphic design after PageMaker was
launched...

Steve

--
If you're not part of the solution, there's good money to be made in
prolonging the problem.