Chewing Tapes WAS: Re: DVD Player not playing

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Sun Jan 18 01:14:03 PST 2004

Let me clarify.  I have been on this list (apart from a few breaks - it
is rather busy at times) for a couple of years now.
When I joined at first, there seemed to be a view from a number of
participants that some of the less expensive Canons had a tendency to
chew tapes.

However, I have not heard this recently until now, and the case
referred to might have been some time ago.
Perhaps Canon have addressed this - after all they are universally
recognised for the quality of their high end equipment.

My view, FWIW, is that I would love to have a Canon lens on a Sony
camcorder :-)

Colin McDonald