[MacDV] Re: iDVD iDvDidn't.

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 18 12:46:09 PST 2004

On Sunday, January 18, 2004, at 02:18 PM, Bobbo wrote:

> After another four-hour attempt at encoding and burning, I came up
> with another pancake. It does play oK on my  Superdrive, but Crikey,
> the idea behind iDVD is that you burn a freaking DVD! If I wanna pass
> out home movies to my family, do I REALLY have to buy them a
> Superdrive equipped Mac to go with it? This is outrageous.

Well, Apple can hardly be responsible for the compatibility of your DVD
players with the latest technology, or with the brand of blanks you're
using.

You might as well rail on that Apple is stupid because the Mac won't
run your PC programs. Or that your Sonicare toothbrush is stupid
because the brushes for your Panasonic won't fit, or your Mr. Coffee is
stupid because the cone filters for your Braun won't fit.

The state of technology just isn't at a point that you can burn a DVD
on any arbitrarily chosen brand of blank and have it play on every DVD
player in the world. You can blame Apple for the state of the art, or
you can take the time to figure it out. Its really not that hard.

SR