[MacDV] Re: iDVD iDvDidn't.

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Sun Jan 18 13:38:19 PST 2004

I have burned more than 250 DVDs and I have used Apple brand
successfully but have more often used off brands such as Ritek and Leda
with just as much compatibility and reliability.  I only have
experience 1x media and have heard that those using faster burning
disks experience more problems with set-top compatibility(this was
shortly after the faster disks were released and it may no-longer be a
problem).
As far as OS X I have no problems and limited experience with earlier
OSs.  It runs flawlessly on both my 12" powerbook and 15" 800 iMac,
none of the application and system crashes I experienced working with
Windows.  Now that Apple allows me to use the non superdrive equipped
powerbook to work on iDVD projects to burn on a appropriately equipped
machine my grudge about not supporting external burners is fading as
well.

Gerhard Kuhn

P.S. as long as the older players are out there we will have
compatibility issues but the percentage is dropping with each new
player bought.