iDVD encoding

Dorothy Hennings hennings at verizon.net
Sun Jan 18 15:41:19 PST 2004

Thanks to Michael R, Fabian I, rrsounds and  Robert R for your
suggestions on problem of finding and trashing  partly encoded iDVD
from iMovie.

I had trashed my project "Name of project.dvdproj" as well as one
called "My Great DVD.dvdproj" which the program puts in -- to no avail.
When I start a new DVD from scratch, the customize status in iDVD 3
still says 4.17 GB of 4.40 GB encoded. Project size 56.50  min.
I also checked on my startup disk space. I clicked on OSX in finder and
then on any other such as Applications. At the top of the window it
reported 712.4 MB available which should have been plenty of space for
encoding. My project is on the outside firewire HD which is a 176 GB La
Cie.

Is my arithmetic right? 4.40 Gb minus 4.17 Gb = 0.23 Gb, which is 230
MB which should fit in the 712.4 MB left on the OS X startup HD.

I guess I need to trash the iDVD application and reinstall from the
Jaguar disk if that is possible without installing iMovie 3, iPhoto 2
etc. Let me know on this.

Thanks in advance