[MacDV] iMovie 4 and GeeThree Slick volumes

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Sun Jan 18 20:15:52 PST 2004

Randy Clark <hawkgx at planetkc.com> writes:
>Anyone heard about compatibility/performance issues between iMovie 4 and
>the
>GeeThree Slick volumes?

This is a quote from the geethree.com site...

Does the Slick software work with iMovie 4?

Yes, Slick Volumes 1 - 6 work fine with iMovie 4. Check our Slick iMovie 4
page for news on an update so that the Slick plug-ins work even betterwith
iMovie 4. After updating to iMovie 4, if you don't see any of the Slick
plug-ins or you get an error message when launching iMovie, then some of
the Slick files are missing. Don't panic--just reinstall the Slick
software, and things will be back to normal. Also, check out the iMovie 4
page for info if you are getting an "Unexpected Error" message after
updating to iMovie 4.

Slick Compatibility with iMovie 4.

Slick Volumes 1-6 work fine with iMovie 4. We will be releasing a update
in the next few days so that the Slick plug-ins appear nicely organized
under the tabs in iMovie 4. This will make finding your favorite Slick
plug-ins easier. Please send us an email at slick at geethree.com and we'll
notify you as soon as they update is available (at no charge for the
update, of course!).

On some occassions a problem may arise where the cache files on your
system get corrupted after updating to iMovie 4. You will get the
"Unexpected Quit" message when you try to launch iMovie. A nice solution
is to use Cache Out X, a nice freeware program to clear out your caches.