[MacDV] Why I love my mac

Ronald Woodland woodland at infowest.com
Mon Jan 19 10:31:43 PST 2004

Interesting.  In contrast to these comments, I have had just the
opposite experience.  The DVDs that I burn on my mac, using either iDVD
or DVD Studio Pro, work perfectly everywhere.  I have yet to find a DVD
player in which they will not play, older players included.  I don't
understand what the concern is.

That said, the next generation of burners are beginning to appear.
These will burn both sides and increase the capacity to almost 9 GB,
with commercial software of course.  From what I've read, the
dual-sided DVDs will require the DVD+R format to work, but I'm not sure
of that.  I haven't looked into this because I haven't needed it yet,
but I expect Apple to support these drives too.  I know that the
Superdrive in the G5 in my office has the ability to burn DVD+R format,
but the software from Apple does not allow that yet.  Anyone have more
insight on this?  Specifically, what value is DVD+R over the DVD-R
format for single-sided DVDs.

Ronald Woodland -- St. George, Utah  84770
This email is a natural human product.  Slight variations
in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character
and beauty and should in no way be considered flaws
or defects.