[MacDV] Re: Why I love my mac

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 11:02:16 PST 2004

I think that you may be confusing dual layer with two sided.  Two sided
media has been available for some time and can be recorded on with
todays burners.  An example of these disks is at:

http://www.cwol.com/dvd-burners/dvd-r9.4g1xds-5.htm

   Dual layer is an upcoming technology that will allow twice the amount
of data on one side, this is common on commercially pressed DVD disks.
I am sure that when these burners and disks come out we will be exposed
to a new set of compatibility problems with set-top players.

Gerhard Kuhn