[MacDV] Re: Copying iDVD to DVD via Toast 5

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 23:17:01 PST 2004

On Jan 20, 2004, at 3:21 PM, Erica Sadun wrote:

>>> I'm pulling this out of thin air, but are you sure you
>>> bought "DVD-R" and not "DVD+R"?
>>
>> Yeah, I'm sure. Like I mentioned, I have had success with these discs
>> on other projects.
>
> Usually this message appears with CDs (not DVDs) when you
> try burning audio CDs with an incompatible writer.

DVD-R written right on the package covering the jewel case. Same
products worked fine before. The failed DVDs will play in my home
player, but then fail in the later scenes.

> If you're sure that you're working with the correct kind of media try:
>
> * Making sure that the disc isn't already used

Freshly opened packages.

> * Changing brands

Two different brands that both worked fine before.

> * Lowering the write speed

1X.

> * Making sure the right side is down

Um...yeah.

> * Reducing the amount of data you're trying to stick onto
>   that disc.

Shouldn't need to. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Daniel