[MacDV] Re: Copying iDVD to DVD via Toast 5

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Jan 20 11:58:39 PST 2004

On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 02:40  PM, Daniel Beck wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2004, at 3:43 AM, James Asherman wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 02:17  AM, Daniel Beck wrote:
>>
>>> "Illegal Request
>>> Sense Code=0x30, 0x.05
>>> Cannot Write Medium- Incompatible Format."
>> Maybe clean the connections?.......
>
> What connections? How?
>
> Daniel

I assume your DVDR is removable. On the back are gold colored
connectors or something.
  An opposite set of connectors  sits in the back of the laptop slot.
Maybe there is some hair or dust in there. Maybe some of the
connections have gotten grimy or tarnished or reacted to humidity .
Maybe the snap in thing is loose.
Just sounds that way.
You go to an electronics stre and buy a bottle or spray can of
connector cleaner and some long handled anti-static swabs. Blow it all
out and then clean all the connections with the cleaning solution.
I like Jif-action but you are unlikely to find it. even head cleaner
will help. But they are different.

Jim