[MacDV] Canon ZR-60 16:9??

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Thu Jan 22 12:28:32 PST 2004

If you purchase the camera in the U.S. will you have to return to the
states if you need warranty work or will Canon honor the warranty in
Canada as well.  The reason I ask is that I am thinking of purchasing a
Canon Digital Rebel which would be a $200 saving state side.  There is
no duty on the camera and if bought from Ritz on their web site there
is no sales tax in the States but you would still have to pay GST and
PST.  The savings would pay for 512 mb cf card so it seems worth while.
  The only thing that worries me is if the camera needs to be serviced
will I be forced to return it to the U.S. to take advantage of the
warranty.
I'll be in T.O. this weekend so I figured I would visit Vistek on Queen
and Henrys to see if it is possible for them to throw in a compact
flash card or even meet me half way.

Gerhard Kuhn