[MacDV] Re: Sony DCR TRV 25

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Jan 22 19:25:16 PST 2004

> Thank you very much.
> My son was just issued this camera to make a documentary in a college
> course.
>
> Carl

Have him shoot some footage and then play around with it some.  I think the
model you're talking about is the same one I have, and at least under Final
Cut Express I was having trouple with it dropping frames.  I was able to
retrieve video using iMovie 3, but there is no way to tell if it dropped
frames on me.  I think if I was to play around with the settings on the
camera I could resolve this, but the footage was mostly shot a year ago.

Also, if he's using iMovie and iDVD, he'll want to shoot in 4:3 rather than
16:9 (for that you want Final Cut and DVD Studio Pro).

		Zane