iDVD 4 is sloooow

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Thu Jan 22 20:20:05 PST 2004

Started and completed a burn during waking hours - 6 hours and 45
minutes to encode and burn a 62 minute B&W movie. No chapters, one
motion menu.

>> You might end up needing a dual processor G5 to use this $49 app!
> Apple is a hardware company, after all...  Maybe that's their
> intention!

Could be, Mark. I read somewhere that a disproportionate percentage of
GarageBand's high CPU usage is actually used up by it's GUI. Couldn't
find that article again but here are some other observations and
comments for anyone interested:

http://www.macintouch.com/garageband.html

Rick
G4 533 Dual (1152MB RAM), G4 iBook 800 (640MB RAM), OSX 10.3.2