[MacDV] Automatic settings (avoid)

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Fri Jan 23 11:04:28 PST 2004

On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 01:40  PM, chrisandheather at shaw.ca
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Is Eagle really your name or just a handle? There is a good started CD
> for shooting
> DV video at DVCREATORS.NET and they talk about avoid using automatic
> settings whenever
> possible as you don't always get desireable results.

Maybe not. Manual focus  must be fun on a camera like that.
Eagle's advice about using the nighttime setting to cut down noise was
right on.
  I always use it with my Sony's when shooting theatrical performances
and the like.
Gives you a nice smooth black in the dark areas.

>  If I get the Canon ZR-60 (I hope I do) I plan to use it for my first
> DV feature and with a good Lowel DV lighting kit
> it jsut might be alright.
>
> Blessings,
>
> Chris

So what? you're going to spend more on the lights than the camera?