iDVD 4 is sloooow

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Sat Jan 24 07:16:07 PST 2004

> Absolutely! When the same company makes the hardware, the operating
> system,
> AND the applications, it's very easy to control the upgrade cycle. It
> puts
> Apple in a unique situation.

yes, kinda like a monopoly. At least to those who choose Apple.

> With every upgrade, they can adjust the
> processing demands of the software to just push the limits of the
> hardware,
> and of course they can perfectly time that with a subsequent new
> hardware
> release which gives you back the speed/headroom you had in the first
> place
> ... at least until the next software update.

I bought my new Apple computer just 2 months ago :-(

> It's a win-win situation for Apple.

But maybe not for the consumer.

I'm hoping it's just a problem with the 4.0 version and will be fixed
with an update. 6 hours 45 min is just too long to encode a 62 minute
movie. Can anybody report on encoding speeds on a G5?

Rick