Labeling DVD's...whenever

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Sat Jan 24 14:46:25 PST 2004

I think this "label before burning" suggestion is a myth - I ran an experiment a few
months ago and applied half a label (sliced straight up the middle) to 3 DVD's before
burning and 3 after. Then, tried playback on several different decks at Walmart. No
differences showed at all.

Another interesting point from my real world testing - all the 4x burned disks played on
all 2003 model players, though several of the 1x & 2x speed media did not. My theory?
Manufacturers may use a better grade dye to achieve the 4x certification, so
compatibility is more uniform on playback.

R.B.