[MacDV] External Hard Drive Issues & Questions

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Sun Jan 25 12:39:41 PST 2004

I do the same set up with 800 mzh 15" iMac and it works well.  I used
to plug the camera on one fire-wire port and the drives on the other
and then I would have the capture sputter and eventually stop within a
minute.  When I daisy chained them no more problems.  Last summer I
added a second firewire drive to the chain and I can capture to either
external and the internal drive with no problems.  Both of my drive are
by LaCie and I know that the original drive has Maxtor guts not sure of
the bigger drive.

Gerhard Kuhn