[MacDV] External Hard Drive Issues & Questions

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Sun Jan 25 14:54:11 PST 2004

On Sunday, Jan 25, 2004, at 19:16 Europe/London, William Hofius wrote:

> So what do all of you use for external hard drives? Any
> recommendations for a desktop vs notebook? Any drives that have
> exceptional quality and reliability? Anything manufacturers or
> resellers I should avoid like the black death?

La Cie external 160 Gb with (single FireWire port) PowerBook 667 for
video work. Excellent drive, and less than 1 pound sterling (not sure
if the pound sign will email correctly) per Gb.  Silent and small
enough to carry in a Kensington Saddlebag when I need to.

Previously had older (blue plastic) 80 Gb La Cie. Expensive, heavy,
noisy, ugly and disgusting personal habits ( no sorry, thats my
brother).

Colin McDonald