External Hard Drive Issues & Questions

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Mon Jan 26 06:27:22 PST 2004

If you prefer to go light and portable, the fastest 2.5 inch (laptop)
drive at the moment is the Hitachi/IBM Travelstar 7K60 (60GB, 7200rpm,
8MB cache), according to Barefeats.com. They also make an 80 gigger but
it's not as fast.

I have a 7K60 in a Weibetech MicroGB800 case and, again according to
Barefeats, this combo out performs 3.5 inch drives in a Firewire 400
case. You can use Firewire 800 with 400 ports, but only get 400 speeds.
The set up is still a tad expensive, but fits nicely in your shirt
pocket :-)

<http://www.hgst.com/hdd/travel/tr7k60.htm>
<http://www.wiebetech.com/products/microgb800.html>

Rick