No subject

Claire Hart hart at arn.net
Tue Jan 27 11:11:33 PST 2004

Besides a post I made the first day I was on this list, I've been
mostly just reading and learning from your posts.  I have:
- a Sony MiniDV HandyCam, TRV27
- an iMac DV 400 with 10GB HD, 1GB RAM, Panther added to 9.2.2
- an external FireWire 120 GB Acom Data external HD.

I already have a stack of recorded MiniDV cassettes.  I would like to
begin burning those to DVD just so they are easy to watch, and also to
share with family, the kids' basketball team mates, etc.  (The coach
sometimes asks, "Did you record that game?")

I am confused as to whether I can use an external DVD burner.  Is G4
required for DVD burning?  My sons have Windows computers, so it would
be even better if the burner would work on both operating systems (as
many peripherals seem to do nowadays.)  If my G3 will work, what DVD
burners have you had success with?  If you had my set-up, how would you
go about backing up these MiniDV cassettes to viewable DVD's?

Thanks,
Claire