[MacDV] are 120-minute mini-dv tapes available?

Karl Hayden khayden at iol.ie
Thu Jan 29 18:40:00 PST 2004

Hi Malcolm

Panasonic produce an 80min (SP) tape that can record up 122mins (LP)

I have not had any problems using Panasonic in SP, don't often use them
in LP. I know some guys here that use them in LP all the time. I don't
ever remember hearing them mention a problem with them.

Thanks to 'SB' and his mention of the web site
(www.taperesources-store.com) where MiniDV are sold. The prices are
incredible there. For example.... I use Panasonic AY-DVM80FE, they are
not listed on the site so maybe this is not a good example, but a box
of 5 tapes cost me 60euro ($74.80) making each tape 12euro ($14.96)....
Am I being ripped-off or what? Armed with this information I intend to
go to my supplier and demand they do better.

Karl Hayden (Dublin, Ireland)