[MacDV] IDVD 4 Encoding

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Fri Jan 30 10:31:29 PST 2004

On Friday, January 30, 2004, at 01:16  PM, Steve Hussey wrote:

>> iDVD 4 can encode your project in one of two ways before it is burned
>> to disc.
>> You choose the one that meets your needs.
>>
>> DISCUSSION
>>
>> Best Quality
>> Choose Best Quality when you want the final result to look its best.
>> This mode
>> maximizes your computer's resources to deliver the best result
>> available from
>> your source material. Because Best Quality requires a lot of
>> computation, it
>> takes longer to encode and burn a disc than Best Performance mode.

I understand that. I don't understand why it must not include
Background encoding, enable minimizing the window or start the encoding
process till you insert a disc.
Anyway at least the product is nice. And I can't complain about the
interface . Creating the DVD takes mere minutes.

>> Best Performance
>> Choose Best Performance when you need to burn your DVD as quickly as
>> possible.
>> This mode encodes your project faster than Best Quality mode. The
>> time it
>> takes to encode and burn a disc in this mode is comparable the
>> performance of
>> iDVD 3.0.1.

Yes but iDVD 3 had Background enabled for 90 minute discs and would
minimize at that rate.

Jim