Sir Bill (off topic but since it's computer related, not off list)

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Fri Jan 30 17:52:41 PST 2004

> He is quite the philanthropist.

>> BTW, Bill Gates knighted!?!!!

Is that what it was for? I only half caught the story on CNN. I thought
it was for his contribution to the computer industry, which people
familiar with Apple's history (vs. Microsoft's) would question.

I remember though that during the investigations into MS, he was
criticized for never having made charitable contributions, and it was
shortly after that that he started The Bill Gates Foundation. I do
think Her Majesty does sometimes miss - Mick but not Keith, Paul but
not John, and Bill but not Steve. Maybe she uses iDVD4.

Rick