external DVD burner

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Sat Jan 31 07:44:42 PST 2004

> Any one know anything about the folowing?:
>
> Iomega Super DVD QuikTouch Video Burner All-Format USB 2.0
> External Drive Item #32928
> US $329.95

I don't know about the above item.  I just bought a Pioneer DVR-107
external with USB2.0/Firewire connections for $285, free shipping.
Unlike the item above, it is an 8x burner.  It does all the varieties
of - and +, R and RW (although not all attain the 8x speed).

I got it from ESBuy.com.  Search on item # ELPIO107USB or click
through from the Pioneer DVR-107 icon on the opening page.  Since I
placed my order last Saturday, the price has dropped to $283.  This
drive comes with a bunch of PC software.  If I were ordering today, I
would call them and ask if I could skip the software and get a
discount on the price, since they list that option for the internal
DVR-107, but not for the external.

I am not associated with this vendor, except as a customer.  Service
and delivery time was good.  I have used other Pioneer drives with
success.  In the one day that I have had this drive, it has worked
flawlessly.  I have already copied 5 (five) whole disks.  Wow....  :-)

Derek

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center, MSC03-2100
Ortega Hall Rm 129, 1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
Internet: derek at unm.edu