[MacDV] Re: Adobe Premiere 6.5 Mac for sale

Claire Hart hart at arn.net
Tue Jul 6 09:42:42 PDT 2004

Tell me if I'm understanding the difference between "authoring" and
"editing", in a motion picture DVD, for example:

1.  When you EDIT "Lord of the Rings," you are moving this scene before
that scene, panning here to there, adding a sound track and inching it
left or right to fit the scene, adding transitions between scenes,
adding text such as "one year later," etc.
2.  When you AUTHOR "Lord of the Rings," you place the movie here, and
the info about the director there, and the interview with the actors
after that, and dividing the movie into 20 or so segments, and adding
the menu so you can go directly to a certain place in the movie, and
adding the option to see it in some other language, and adding the
trailers, etc.

Am I getting the idea?

Thanks,
Claire