[MacDV] 4-pin & 7-pin s-video cables

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Fri Jul 9 13:21:02 PDT 2004

The difference between 4 and 6 pin is that the six pin will carry
power.  There are some devices such as small hard-drives that can run
run from the voltage that this plug provides.  Use the i-link cable
same thing the different name just dates back to a time were Apple
charged a licensing fee for using the name firewire.

Gerhard