imovie 3 to imovie 4 problems

David Minard dminard at rcn.com
Sat Jul 10 17:05:34 PDT 2004

While attempting to put iDVD chapters into a iMovie 3 project that I
opened in iMovie 4, iMovie crashed and now the movie is simply all the
clips and no movie. I suspect the movie is now effectively gone
(thoughts? recoverable?) I do have the finished project on dv, so all
is not completely lost.

What, however, is the process for opening an iMovie 3 in 4 and making a
dvd with iDVD? Obviously, I should have "saved as" (?) and gone from
there.

I do have several iMovie 3 movies I want to create dvd's of. Any and
all detailed thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The files for all these projects are on an external firewire drive,
while iMovie 4 is on my start-up. I'm running 10.3.4 on a G3 Blue and
white that has been upgraded to a Sonnet G4 500 mhz.

Thanks for your help.

David Minard
David Minard/Design
175 Federal St.