[MacDV] Canon ZR 25 Repair

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 11:12:32 PDT 2004

The "Remove Cassette" message is triggered when the tape drags as it spins off the
supply reel. This is often a cleaning issue caused by a build-up of oxide on the
capstan. The ZR series are not difficult to clean, and could be handled at any competant
repair shop. Expect to pay $55 - 70.

By the way, leaving a tape paused during shooting causes the build-up most quickly. If
you aren't running tape, turn the camera fully off.

R.B.