[MacDV] Re: PageMaker vs. InDesign

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Mon Jul 26 06:48:51 PDT 2004

I use both but practically do everything in InDesign now. It's very
Quark-like and is definitely a high end layout, publishing and design tool.
You can import PageMaker and Quark files no problem. There is a PageMaker
tool palette but I haven't been able to find it. Adobe has discontinued
PageMaker but I think they should have kept it on because ID has too many
tools and there is a market for a lighter layout and design app similar to
Microsoft's Publisher (which is crap by the way). For OSX I can't think of
PageMaker type app which would be more average consumer friendly.

Richard