QUES: burning movie to DVD

sb videovideo at mac.com
Tue Jun 1 14:25:10 PDT 2004

There are two types of DVD's. One is a data DVD which plays in a computer
only. If you burned your Premiere QT file onto this disc, it would only play
on a computer using software like QT Player.

The other type of DVD is an MPEG2 DVD which plays movies on a set top box.

I'm assuming you mean the set top box MPEG2 type.

In that case, you'll need some other software to take the final Premiere
file and compress it to MPEG2 and then multiplex it which can then be burned
onto a DVD blank disc. This resulting burned disc will play on most any set
top DVD player.

The two most popular ways to do the MPEG2 authoring and compression are iDVD
which is $50 and part of the iLife04 Suite from Apple and requires a built
in (internal) DVD burner and has some really nice built in templates for
menu design; and Roxio's Toast 6 which will work with an external DVD burner
and do a simple DVD menu.

 hth,

 regards,

 sb