[MacDV] Re: QUES: burning movie to DVD

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Wed Jun 2 03:07:31 PDT 2004

This sounds to me like a harddisc issue.

1) Be sure that the preferences are set to "never sleep" except for your display.

2) Have lots of free space on your boot drive partition before starting the encoding
process. I actually boot from an 80 gb with more than 70 free just for encoding, though
that is probably overkill.

Another thought - do you know that the file transferred safely? That is, can you open it
in iMovie on the burn system and play through without issues?