iMovie 3.0.3 Audio sync issues

Chips Otoole frogblenderinc at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 10 20:08:50 PDT 2004

Hello all,

I have a 53 minute project in iMovie wherein the audio and video quickly
become out of sync, but the individual clips play just fine. I can see
several darker blue 'gaps' in the timeline, in between many of the clips
themselves, and don't recall seeing those before. I have several titles in
the beginning, a few effects here and there, but nothing I havent used
before. And I've sped up several of the clips themselves to play rather
quickly. I'm not sure that it had anything to do with it, but only noticed
this problem after having upgraded to Panther (also moved the files around a
few times on the same secondary harddrive). Tried exporting to iDVD and saw
same results (which I guess makes sense since it wont even play correctly in
iMovie).

I'm thinking worst case I'll import into a new project and replace the clips
in the same order and hope the movie file stays intact. Could it be a
corrupted .mov file since the clips themselves are ok? I've seen suggestions
online to extract all the audio from each clip? I'm pretty sure my camera
was set to 12-bit audio for recording (since changed to 16-bit). Anybody
seen this before or have suggestions about how to resolve?

I have recently purchased FCP4 but am not well-versed quite yet, not sure if
I can import clips there and reorganize easily?

Thanks in advance!
Scott ('Chips Otoole')