[MacDV] Re: importing VCD

Zathras' Lackey dreeser at loganet.net
Fri Jun 11 00:46:47 PDT 2004

Have you tried Video Lan Client (VLC)?  I play VCD and SVCD with it.

<http://www.versiontracker.com/php/search.php?
mode=basic&action=search&str=vlc&plt%5B%5D=macosx&x=13&y=8>

On Jun 10, 2004, at 22:26, L. Cornelio wrote:

>>> I've just received a VCD which I put in my Superdrive but it won't
>>> play. There doesn't appear to be an application that can open it.
>>> So, I have two questions.
>>> 1. How do I get to view the contents of the VCD?
>>> 2. Can I import the contents of the VCD into iMovie 4?
>>> Thanks again ! (I'd be lost without you guys !)
>
> You can use Toast to extract the file to mpeg1. But that is still not
> compatible with iMovie, which would require a few other tricky steps -
> which may not be worth it. If the VCD plays, whats the problem? ;-)
> Because redoing it from that file to a DVD wont improve the quality....

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I
thought, would it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible
things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now
I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the
universe."  -  Marcus Cole