Mac rookie needs your opinion

wtfletch at direcway.com wtfletch at direcway.com
Fri Jun 11 12:48:00 PDT 2004

I am going to make the switch over to the dark side - MAC.
I'm considering that bad boy G5 dual 2.5G. I need the opinion of "the Pro's" on what I should add to the stock G5. I was thinking 1G mem, 250G sata to start off with (plus the 23inch monitor). Someone told me that I could get an ATI all-in-wonder card for the G5 and make it my home entertainment center. Anyone try this yet?

Also, I am going to get into DV editing so I needed your suggestions for an additional application. I don't need to make a movie but I'd like to have some nice features and not have to go back to school for a year to be able to operate it! I will eventually have a lot of home movies to edit/burn.
Final Cut express?

Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you all with these piddly question but I have to learn somewhere, might as well learn from the Pro's!