[MacDV] Re: An Interesting Point. What To Do About Archives

Djwp djwp1 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 11 20:16:07 PDT 2004

This leads nicely into a question I had on "how" to archive.
Specifically, for Final Cut Pro.  I would like to take my projects and
move them, clips & all, to a nice, big external harddrive.

Can anyone out there outline all files and everywhere I need to look to
find them, that I would need to move to retain the project.  For
example, I know I would need to move my clips.  I know there is a FCP
Project file created that shows up in my Documents folder.  I know
there are Render files that live elsewhere.  What is it I need to move
to retain the project?  And, I'm assuming once I move it, in order to
use the project again, I have to move all the bits and pieces back to
the places they were, otherwise FCP won't be able to find things - is
this corect?

Thanks for the help,
Jill