[MacDV] iMovie and problems with importing stills

Juan M juanm at mac.com
Sat Jun 12 08:16:35 PDT 2004

I figured it out!!!

it was that damn Ken Burns effect. Perhaps not the KB effect but it was
in the Photo import window. I always have the KB effect set to OFF.

However, I had the magnification set for 1.25 instead of 1.00!! I
didn't realize that this would still affect the photos imported since I
wasn't using the KB effect or iPhoto. I don't know why it was set to
1.25 perhaps that was a default that I never noticed before OR just
plain old user error - I played around with it.

Once I reset that, the NEW imports are fine. I hadn't been using iPhoto
to import the photos so I never looked there.

Thanks anyway. Perhaps this will solve someone else's problem.

juan