[MacDV] analog sound

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Jun 15 08:03:28 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, June 15, 2004, at 10:36  AM, lloyds wrote:

> I have a beautiful mono, analog Sony recorder.  Is there a simple way
> get that sound into my dual G4 -- which has no sound input?  I have a
> JVC  HR-DVS3U connected via firewire, which obviously has analog input
> jacks for the VHS side.  Any way to feed through that?  If not, is
> there
> some not-too-expensive way of digitizing the recorded sound and
> inputting to the G4?
>
> BobLL

Hi, I have a DVS2U.  the easiest way is to make a DV of your analog
audio through the analog inputs and then firewire that into the
computer.
  While you are down in the menus arranging to record analog to DV you
could try setting the analog output to F-1. Then if it is going to come
out the firewire it might.
Jim