MXProDV

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Thu Jun 17 12:38:08 PDT 2004

OK I'm now using an MXProDV  Video Mixer.  At little hard work at
first, but easy with a bit of practice (doesn't autodetect - needs
routes set up).

Now for the probs:

1 It doesn't seem to work with iMovie - iMovie 4 sees it as as an
unknown DV device and complains that it doesn't have device control and
won't import from it. iMovie 3 doesn't detect it at all.

2 I can't get SONY cameras (tried 3) to see the MXProDV through the DV
out either so I have no means of recording the output via DV at the
moment. Not an immediate problem because my first gig is live to
projector screens and that works fine on S Video or composite. I could
probably record to a camera that way too but the point was to keep it
digital. I am going to borrow a HD video recorder and give that a shot
but I had assumed that anything that was described as FireWire DV would
be compatible. Not so?

Any suggestions?

Colin McDonald