About this List Member...

Bill Horn riverat at mac.com
Sat Jun 26 07:21:04 PDT 2004

I feel it my duty to write about one of our list members.  Indeed, I
feel it my honor to bring to your attention the fact that one of us is
one of the best.  First let me tell you that I am a lurker, never
sending, always reading and improving by all your expertise.  I am an
old guy, 68 years old, and have been on the 'net since before it was a
world wide web, when the only thing to send mail with was a program
called Pine.  I have been taken advantage of, once for $1500 by a thief
running a Powerbook scam.  That hurt, but now, comes a guy named Ken
McNamara, <conmara at grandcanyonhiker.com> who goes a long way toward
restoring my faith in mankind.  Ken had a Hollywood DV Bridge, by
Dazzle, one that I had lusted after for a long time.  He offered it on
the list for a ridiculous price, so I took the bait and asked him about
it by emailing him privately.  Well, low and behold, Ken offered to
send me the bridge and let me try it out before sending him a check.
Needless to say, the bridge worked and looked like new, still in the
original box. I sent Ken a check.  Wow, how many times has that
happened to you?

I hope I haven't embarrassed him by telling the truth about him here on
the list, but I wanted you all to know the kind of guy he is.

Thanks again Ken.

Bill Horn