duplicate archived DVDs

Tim Shirey shirey at illustratedWORD.com
Wed Mar 3 01:40:36 PST 2004

I thought the easiest way to make multiple copies of my DVDs (I produced)
was to use the Apple Disk Copy utility to create a disc image (.dmg file) of
my master DVD and then drag those files (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders) onto
the blank DVD for burning.
Doing it this way would also solves the problem of how to archive finished
projects without having to keep FCP files, iDVD menu files, audio clips,
multiple .mov files, etc. files on my HD.  I would only need a master DVD on
hand to make copies in the future.

I¹m running into a new problem.....
I open the .dmg file and drag the two folders (audio_ts, video_ts) from the
disc image to the blank DVD for burning.  The DVD burns fine.  I pop the
newly burned DVD into the Mac, the DVD player comes up but doesn¹t
automatically open the menu.  I need to manually open the VIDEO_TS folder to
start up the movie menu, etc..  What am I doing wrong?  Are there ³hidden²
files that are not being copied over that are on the master DVD?  If so, I
thought the disc copy utility copied those as well.

Any solutions?  I simply want to duplicate completed/archived DVDs.

Thanks.

- Tim