[MacDV] Re: duplicate archived DVDs

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Thu Mar 4 10:17:54 PST 2004

Whether you burn with DVDSP 2 or Toast or the Finder, when you burn a
video DVD it has to be more than 700 MB (I have no idea why) -- so it
will burn "blank space" on your DVD-R to fill it up that much -- thus
the extra time.  Even though your 1 minute video is very small, it will
burn 700 MB on the DVD, and most of it will be empty sectors...  Maybe
it's a spec for video DVDs that they have a certain number of sectors?
Anybody know why this happens?

- Mark