FCP discovery--may work for other apps

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Thu Mar 11 09:40:22 PST 2004

Discovered something by accident the other day while editing in Final
Cut Pro 4.

Had my mouse pointer over a viewer window, and happened to scroll the
wheel on my Logitech optical mouse.  The clip in the viewer moved!
Moving the mouse wheel one click advanced (or reversed) the clip one
frame.

Worked in the timeline and the canvas as well!   Saves the cost of
buying a Shuttle Pro unless you need/want the other features it offers.

Found that it also will scroll some things sideways  if the mouse
pointer is on or near a bottom scroll bar.  All kinds of fun!

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA