QuickTime Details

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 11 12:40:27 PST 2004

I have several QuickTime movies on Apple's .Mac HomePage templates. A
friend tried to stream them using OS 9.2 and QuickTime 5. She got a
message that a QuickTime component was missing and was not available
for download. So I re-booted in OS 9.2 and got the same error message.
Also got a message that a newer version of QuickTime was available.

I've kept up with the new versions of QuickTime for OS 10.2 on my iMac
G4 800 MHz. Does OS 9.2 use an entirely different copy of QuickTime
that has to be updated separately from the OS 10.2 updates?

Steve R.