[MacDV] deck

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 17:48:51 PST 2004

I wouldn't worry about wear on the Canon. There are benefits to playback on the same
mechanism that recorded the tape originally. Even with digital, you have less chance of
errors creeping into the stream because of tape tracking. Besides, you can replace your
Zr 60 for $250 or so brand new through eBay auction. If you wanted to cut out the
middle-man (so to speak) you could get a nice little dv capture harddrive and your data
would never live on tape at all.

I absolutely love my QuickStream DV= a nice battery operated hard drive that holds 6
hours or so and allows footage to be imported into Final Cut immediately. It even
responds to the record pause on the camera, creating a new clip each time you start &
stop.

R.B.