Help! Can't get my DVD Studio Pro project to fit... :(

Peter Payne peter2 at jlist.com
Wed Mar 17 02:29:08 PST 2004

I am burning my first "professional" DVD projects, but I'm having the
hardest time getting the media to fit into 4.3 GB of space. I've got
two movies, which are an hour and 18 minutes, and 47 minutes, I need
to fit onto the disc. I've tried a variety of ways of making the
media smaller, but it always seem to want to be 4.7 GB or more when
displayed in the DVDSP disc meter. I cannot get the movies to fit, no
matter what I do.

I've tried various things. Of course I've tried changing the bit rate
setting in DVDSP, but it doesn't seem to change the size of my
project at all. Instead of exporting full-quality Quicktime movies
with Final Cut Pro Express 2 and importing them into DVDSP, I am
playing with doing the conversion in Compressor, but so far (using
settings for 120 minutes) I am getting nowhere -- when I import those
MPEG-2 movies into DVDSP and put them in my project, the overall size
is way too big again.

Can anyone help? Why does changing the bit rate in DVD Studio Pro to
1 or 2 product no overall difference in the size of my project as
written out to a DVD-R?

Thanks in advance

Lost in Japan

--
J-LIST http://www.jlist.com

Interested in my life in Japan? See the Peter Payne homepage at
http://www.peterpayne.net/