[MacDV] Public Access/ Cable Channel Productions

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 18 10:16:25 PST 2004

On Thursday, March 18, 2004, at 12:43  PM, Laurie, Richard wrote:
> I would search google for public access channels in your are then
> contact them to see if they have a similar set up.

My original questions about video quality for cable would apply to
public access, but I was really asking about commercial, for profit
local channels that are available only on one cable system. In my area
(Newnan, GA, pop. about 30,000), the local newspaper owns and operates
a local TV channel on the Newnan cable system. They produce their own
programming- much as a local independent broadcast station would. They
also offer advertising packages that include both the newspaper and the
cable channel, plus "insertion" ads on the other cable channels. This
is the type of local channel for which I would like to find a directory
and technical specs.

Public access would be another possibility for the programming I have
in mind, but all the public access channels with websites seem to have
many more producers than time slots already. And the audience I would
expect for the current public access programming is not quite what I
imagine as my audience <g>

Thanks,
Steve R.